The Hill Rom CareAssist ES bed is our foundational Med-Surg bed. We’ve designedit especially for busy caregivers who need to accomplish a multitude oftasks in a minimum amount of time. A number of one-and-done featuresdistinguish the CareAssist® ES bed as one of the most practical bedsavailable.
Do more with Hill Rom CareAssist ES easy, one-step features.
- Bedside controls offer the Dining Chair® one-button feature
- Four-corner brake and steer for easy mobility
- Built-in bed extender lets a single caregiver add length to the bed
- Line-of-Site® angle indicator lets nurses monitor a patient’s head angle at a glance
Hill Rom CareAssist ES Mattress Options
NP100 Prevention Mattress
When it comes to hospital beds, one of the most abhorred effects that they can leave on a patient is placing additional pressure on ulcer incidence. The Hill-Rom P100 Prevention mattress solves these issues by incorporating features that reduce this pressure. The non-powered surface is perfect for patients that strive to maintain the integrity of their skin. And, with our advanced design, patients can prevent these pressure ulcers before they become a lingering issue.
- Shear liner and bidirectional stretch ticking help minimize shear and friction and provide added patient comfort
- Reinforced and ergonomically designed handles allow for easy maneuvering of the mattress
- Polyurethane coated ticking, RF welded seams, and an inside flap protect the mattress from fluid penetration
- Anti-skid bottom helps keep the mattress in place on the sleep deck
AccuMax Quantum™ VPC Mattress
For an affordable therapeutic solution for patients that are risk of skin breakdown, the AccuMax Quantum VPC Surface mattress is the perfect choice as it incorporates AccuMax’s patented Controlled Release valve technology to provide dynamic pressure redistribution to prevent and aid skin breakdown without the need for a power source, a pump, or a blower. The engineers at AccuMax dug deep into the aspects of skin breakdown and incorporated the latest technology into their mattress to help prevent these lingering problems from occurring.
- Controlled Release™ valve technology automatically adjusts during patient movement to deliver consistent pressure redistribution therapy.
- Patented Heel Pillow™ is designed to reduce interface pressure in the sensitive heel area.
- A viscoelastic foam topper is designed to increase patient comfort and envelopment for lower interface pressure.
- Optional control unit provides powered Alternating Pressure (AP) for additional therapy.
300 Wound Mattress
The multi-purpose Hill-Rom 300 Wound Surface mattress offers the patient alternating pressures and low air loss capabilities to help provide relief in a wide range of care settings. Whether it’s for a retirement center or even your own household, the Hill-Rom 300 Wound Surface has an easy to use surface that has quality features and safety components to benefit both the caregiver and the patient. Normal wound mattresses do not come close to the technology that Hill-Rom has incorporated into their 300 Wound Surface. If you are looking to support your loved one with a functional, comfortable, and affordable mattress, the Hill-Rom 300 Wound Surface is perfect for you.
- Adjustable therapy cycle times and comfort control settings to support patient comfort within a therapeutic range.
- Audible and visual power failure alarms plus a sub mattress that remains inflated for eight hours enables continuity of care during electrical outages.
- Lock-out functions can be used to help prevent accidental setting changes.
- Anti-skid bottom and security straps help keep the surface in place on the sleep deck.
Synergy® Air Elite Mattress
With a multitude of therapeutic options, the Hill-Rom Synergy Air Elite mattress gives caregivers the ability to create customized safe skin programs for their patients. By incorporating a surface that is both flexible and comfortable, patients can go through their healing period all while choosing alternating pressure therapies then they need it. An underrated aspect of hospital mattresses is comfort. However, Hill-Rom solves this issue by incorporating a comfort control feature that facilitates pressure redistribution to suit the patient’s needs. Furthermore, the low-air loss capability ensures that the patient’s skin remains cool and dry – to avoid any rashes, skin burns, or other detrimental health effects.
- Low air loss therapy for moisture control helps keep the skin cool and promotes a dry healing environment.
- Alternating pressure therapy provides pressure redistribution for the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers.
- Individual air cushions have adjustable pressure to suit individual patient comfort needs.
Protect your patients from skin breakdown.
Led by experienced clinical professionals, our comprehensive Safe Skin® program forthe prevention and treatment of skin breakdown helps improve outcomes that aredesigned to be repeatable and sustainable.
The CareAssist® ES bed contributes toward this effort with its SlideGuard® feature,which helps protect your patient’s skin during repositioning by keeping his or herhips in place while the back of the bed elevates.
The bed’s open architecture allows you to use almost any commercially availablesurface, offering maximum flexibility to care for patients at every level of risk for skinbreakdown.
|Frame width||40″ (102 cm)|
|Frame length with head/footboard(w/ bumpers)||90″ (228.60 cm)|
|Bed clearance under frame||7.5″ (19.05 cm)|
|Low position floor to deck||15.75″ (40 cm)|
|High position floor to deck||32.5″ (82.55 cm)|
|Max head elevation||65°|
|Max Trend and Reverse Trend||16°|
|Caster size||6″ (15 cm)|
|Weight limit (Safe working load)||500 lbs|
|Width||36″ (91.44 cm)|
|Normal length||80″ (203.20 cm)|
|Extended length||84″ (213.36 cm)|
|Optional scale system|
|Accuracy||+/- 2.2 lbs or 1.1% ofpatient weight w/eis greater|
|Weigh in any position||yes|
|Scale repeatability||0.2% of patient weight|
Why Hospital Bed Features Are Advantageous For the Home Setting
There are numerous factors to consider when purchasing a therapeutic bed for your loved one.
What company do you want to purchase from? Do you want an adjustable bed or a hospital bed? What functions do you want? How much do you want to pay?
The list goes on and on.
However, it can be simplified by narrowing down your options and determining what works best with his or her lifestyle.
Here are some tips that will help you in your shopping quest for a new bed.
Adjustable beds and hospital beds are similar in that the head and foot section can be adjusted. That’s basically all that they share in common (unless you want to consider a ‘place to sleep’ another similarity too…).
When it comes to hospital beds, note that they are designed for patients that suffer form medical issues that are debilitating and that spend a majority of their time in the bed. With functionalities such as raising and lowering the head and foot of the bed, it also helps prevent any injuries to the caregiver with its ease of use.
The Hill Rom CareAssist ES Bed System brings ‘the hospital home to you’. Well, not entirely. But you get what I mean. It’s equipped with large industrial wheels that allow for easy transportation. In addition to this, the Hill Rom CareAssist ES Bed System also comes with safety rails that prevent the patient from rolling out and causing harm to themselves. It is made with the finest quality materials and designed for industrial use within a home. Normally, you would expect these hospital beds to be made from plastic.
That’s completely wrong.
As a matter of fact, Hill Rom, one of the leading medical equipment manufacturers uses only high-grade materials that are fit for both home care and hospital setting. This means that you aren’t just obtaining a bed that’s fit for a professional environment, but it can also be used within the confines of your home. How convenient is that?
The Hill Rom CareAssist ES Bed System is also easy to clean and maintain. You don’t need to be a medical professional to know that a safe environment is a clean environment – literally. And, if your loved one is susceptible to contracting illnesses from airborne particles or even their own bodily fluid that may leak on their bed, know that you can easily reach in between the sides and clean out anything. This is vital factor when it comes to hospital beds. And, if the patient requires constant cleaning, you’ll find that it’s much more convenient to take care of then a standard bed.
For preventative measure, each Hill Rom CareAssist ES Bed System comes with a manual that you can use to assist in the process of assembly or disassembly. It also shows you how to use your hospital bed and maximize its versatility. A highly recommended product from one of the finest hospital bed manufacturers, consider purchasing a hospital bed for your home. Your loved one will surely appreciate it.