Invacare Carroll CS7 Bed has set the bar for today’s long-term care beds. With the all-new Auto Contour feature, the bed can raise both head and knees, allowing patients to find a comfortable position in which they can watch television, read a book, or eat. This repositioning also plays a major factor in preventing any skin shearing or other dermatologic-related issues that can occur with patients that are bed-ridden or spend most of their time in bed.
Invacare Carroll CS7 Bed Features:
- Assembly is simplified with Invacare’s rapid tool free set up system
- Floor locking system secures the bed to the floor at any height and allows for mobility on demand. Caregivers also do not have to ensure that the bed is at its full height before transporting or moving the patient. For added security and convenience, an indicator will alert the caregiver if the bed is off its castors and isn’t correctly locked in place
- Arched slat deck design allows for enhanced infection control and minimizes the wear and tear of the mattress
- Carrol CS beds also come with a hand control that features bright, universal symbols to allow for easy operation for both the caregiver and the patient
- The versatile 10-function Attendant Control Panel is designed to allow staff to operate the functions of the bed from the footboard. Furthermore, caregivers can also restrict access to the patient by locking the functions of the hand control directly from the panel itself
Invacare Carroll CS7 Bed Specifications
|Height Adjustment:||7″ – 30″ Height Range|
|Product Weight Capacity:||500 lbs. Weight Capacity|
|Material:||Ergonomically Designed, Rugged, Water-Resistant Pendant|
|Overall Length:||Universal Deck Length (76″ or 80″)|
|Battery:||Optional Battery Backup|
|Product Weight:||190 lbs.|
|Back Angle:||70 Degrees|
|Warranty:||Electronics – 2 Years
Mechanical – 5 Years
Frame – 10 Years
The Ultimate Buying Guide for Hospital Beds
If you are in the market for a new bed to help speed up the recovery process of an individual in a household setting, a standard bed may not provide even half of the benefits that a hospital bed can. For example, the Carroll CS7 Bed by Invacare offers features that allow the user to adjust the height of the bed, fix side rails for added protection, and utilize a remote control to arrange the frame to whatever position the user prefers.
Here is a guide that will help you decide which hospital bed works well for your loved one.
Let’s discuss the different types of hospital beds that are currently on the market today. These can range from manual beds to full electric beds that function almost entirely on its’ own.
This type of hospital bed is the most popular choice when it comes to the homecare setting. They are reasonably priced and are appropriate for patients that don’t require constant repositioning and are comfortable in a semi-altered or fixed position. The bed can adjust by physically utilizing the hand crank that’s installed to lower and raise the stature, foot and head of the bed. However, a patient that lacks the physical strength to adjust the bed may not benefit from it at all.
Semi Electric Beds
With this type of hospital bed, adjusting the height is the main function that is done manually. Raising and lowering the foot and head of the bed are done electronically via remote control.
Full Electric Beds
Patients and caregivers that require the bed to remain balanced oftentimes will benefit most from this hospital bed design. A steel chain pulley framework permits the patient to electronically control the stature – as well as the head and foot positions. This is an excellent choice for patients that are mobile and can get in and out bed easily. The Invacare Carroll CS7 Bed is both cost-efficient and effective for individuals that are in need of a full electric design. For more information on the Invacare Carroll CS7 Bed from Invacare, visit LaHospitalBeds.com.
Bariatric hospital beds are particularly made to support patients that are in a higher weight class than other (350 lbs and up). The design provides the patient with elements similar to the full-electronic bed by utilizing a remote control to alter the head, foot and stature of the bed. The extensive casing provides more room for the patient to move around without feeling restricted.
Patients that are at risk of falling out of the bed will benefit from this model. One of the most unique components about this type of bed is that it has the capacity to be lowered down seven inches from the floor. At this level, there is a substantial decrease in damage occurred if the patient drops out of the bed. The bed likewise offers similar aspects from the full-electric hospital bed, for example, the capacity to electronically control the position of the head and feet, in addition to the stature with a remote control. Hi-Low bed models also act as an aide and support system by rising when the patient stands up.
Invacare Glissando Gliding Mattress
The Invacare Glissando Gliding Mattress incorporates a premium four-way stretch cover and two layers of premium foam with Invacare’s patented “gliding” layer, designed to help reduce the amount of friction that contributes to the development of pressure ulcers and sores..
- Side wall is built-in and helps support user ingress/egress
- Castellation-cut foam helps redistribute pressure for optimal patient comfort
- Cover is fluid-resistant and also features a concealed zipper that can be easily accessed to clean foam
- Foam technology allows each section to move independently from one another to maximize patient support and comfort
- Patented gliding layer reduces friction and helps minimize pressure ulcers from forming
Invacare Softform Excel Mattress
The Invacare Softform Excel Mattress incorporates a contoured foam layer designed to distribute the patient’s weight evenly, to promote healthy blood flow and help reduce the risk of pressure ulcers or sores from occurring. Patients that spend much of their time in bed are always at risk of developing these ulcers due to the minimal amount of repositioning that they can perform on their own. The base mattress also features a firm foam layer that provides enhanced support for users.
- Cells ensure airflow throughout the foam for consistent temperature
- Fluid-resistant, four-way stretch cover protects the skin from rashes or damage
- Dense, foam layer at the mattress base provides maximum support
- Castinated cell technology allows for maximum body contact for optimal pressure reduction
- Cover is removable and can be easily replaced for inspection
Invacare Softform Premier Mattress
The Invacare Softform Premier Mattress features a unique contoured foam insert designed to provide excellent user comfort and optimize pressure reduction for users up for very high risk. A single piece foam is designed to provide side support and help facilitate transfers.
- High-resiliency foam supports the user’s body and provides substantial comfort and fit
- Welded seams and full flap included on cover hide zipper to maximize durability
- Cover is easily removable to clean and for inspection purposes
- Fluid-resistant, four-way stretch cover protects the skin from abrasion and damage
- Castellated cells maximize body contact to reduce pressure on the user’s body
Invacare MA65 microAIR Alternating Pressure Mattress
The Invacare MA65 microAIR Mattress from Invacare is designed to offer maximum user flexibility. With 5, 10, 15, or 20 minute alternating cycles, patients can obtain the necessary therapeutic levels required. Air pressure is continuously monitored to ensure that proper pressure distribution is maintained at all times, based on the user weight.
- Audio and visual alarms notify staff of low pressure or power outage
- When connected to the blower, mattress will remain inflated even if a power outage occurs
- Can be rolled up and stored conveniently with carrying strap
- 10 nylon, buckled straps ensure that the mattress remains secure to the bed
- Wireless auto-fowler prevents the patient from bottoming out when the bed height is adjusted