Invacare CS9 Bed
The Invacare CS9 Bed is one of the most versatile hospital beds on the market today. The CS9 can adjust from 36” to 39” to 42” to allow maximum flexibility for patients. The bed frame can be adjusted without the need for tools and can support weight up to 600 lbs.
Invacare CS9 Bed Features:
- Deck and headboard can adjust from 36” to 39” to 42” without the need for any extra tools or parts
- The CS9 allows for maximum comfort and safety with both regular patients and bariatric patients
- The all-new hand pendant is designed for easy cleaning and has been simplified for patients to operate
- The CS9 can fit through most doorways at 36” and can easily be adjusted when necessary to fit in a patient’s room
Invacare CS9 Bed Specifications
|Product Weight Capacity:||600 lb.|
|Bed Ends:||Adjustable headboard in 4 styles, 39″ fixed width footboard|
|Ground Clearance:||9″ – 30″ height range|
How Side Rails From Hospital Beds Can Become a Lethal Hazard
Hospital beds play an important role in the wellbeing and health of a patient. Whether it is used in a long-term care facility, hospital, or even at home, these products benefit both the patient and the caregiver by offering advanced functionalities and supportive features. However, as with every type of bed, there are dangers and risks that come with utilizing hospital beds. This comes at the hand of the side rails that are installed with each bed.
But aren’t side rails supposed to keep the patient safe and secure?
Absolutely. But there are cases where patients may end up harming themselves or even becoming trapped. Some of the most common accidents that occur with these side rails include:
Falls. Patients may fall over the rails or the space that is left in between the rails. Agitated patients have a higher chance of moving around, with the end goal of getting out of the bed. These falls can have significant impact on the patient. They could suffer from broken bones, fractures, and even death by trauma.
There have been numerous cases reported where patients become entangled in the side rails and have died due to asphyxiation. Entrapment of the limbs, thorax, head or neck are also possibilities (especially with patients that are at an altered mental state). Strangulation is one of the most common deaths reported when it comes to hospital beds. Prior to purchasing a hospital bed for a homecare setting, it’s crucial that you consider every aspect of the patient. For example, if he or she has a tendency to move and shift around a lot. The Invacare CS9 Bed is one of the most trusted models that provide excellent spacing in between side railings, which minimize the risk of accidental strangulation.
How do these injuries and deaths occur?
The causes are extremely diverse. There are numerous factors that play a role in accidental injuries or deaths such as the patient’s surroundings, the side rail design, and use of the bed itself. For instance, here are some of the main concerns that caregivers have and the reasons why patients get caught between the rails.
- The patient wishes to leave his or her bed while the rails are raised .
- The patient attempts to pass through the spaces between the rails and the bed board (doing so may lead to the thorax being caught and asphyxiation occurring).
- The patient tries to climb over the rail, which may trap an arm or foot on the bars, resulting in a fall.
- The patient is unsettled, and in an altered state. He may slip off the bed when trying to move around.
- The patient is incapacitated, atonic. In the event that he gets to be caught, he won’t have the capacity to free himself.
- The patient is a child that is placed in an adult bed. The rails are intended to keep away from dangers of ensnarement for adults. A child’s body is not accurately estimated.
The most “at risk” type of patients are the ones that are not capable (slight deficiency, low tonus), non-lucid, and agitated.
The rails are intended to keep patients from falling amid their rest and during transport.
They are not intended to keep patients from trying to leave their bed on their own. Many mishaps occur when patients look to leave their bed, in spite of the presence of the bed rails. When purchasing a hospital bed for your household, be sure that you consider the measurements of both the patient and the bed before finalizing the deal. The Invacare CS9 Hospital Bed is one of the most recommended designs currently available.
Invacare Solace Prevention Mattress
Invacare Solace Mattress is first in a series of Solace Prevention two-layered mattresses designed to prevent pressure ulcers in low-risk users. Soft head and heel section protect vulnerable areas. The Solace Mattress features zoned layers of high density foam for pressure relief on areas of the body that are susceptible to pressure ulcers. For ultimate comfort it includes soft head and foot sections.
- Helps distribute weight and lower interface pressure to help prevent pressure ulcers in low-risk patients.
- 70 denier nylon cover guards against friction with non-skid bottom surface.
- Convoluted foam helps circulate air around mattress user
- Two layer quality foam designed for preventing pressure ulcers
Invacare Softform Premier Mattress
The Invacare Softform Premier Mattress features a unique contoured foam insert designed to provide excellent user comfort and optimize pressure reduction for users up for very high risk. A single piece foam is designed to provide side support and help facilitate transfers.
- High-resiliency foam supports the user’s body and provides substantial comfort and fit
- Welded seams and full flap included on cover hide zipper to maximize durability
- Cover is easily removable to clean and for inspection purposes
- Fluid-resistant, four-way stretch cover protects the skin from abrasion and damage
- Castellated cells maximize body contact to reduce pressure on the user’s body
Invacare MA65 microAIR Alternating Pressure Mattress
The Invacare MA65 microAIR Mattress from Invacare is designed to offer maximum user flexibility. With 5, 10, 15, or 20 minute alternating cycles, patients can obtain the necessary therapeutic levels required. Air pressure is continuously monitored to ensure that proper pressure distribution is maintained at all times, based on the user weight.
- Audio and visual alarms notify staff of low pressure or power outage
- When connected to the blower, mattress will remain inflated even if a power outage occurs
- Can be rolled up and stored conveniently with carrying strap
- 10 nylon, buckled straps ensure that the mattress remains secure to the bed
- Wireless auto-fowler prevents the patient from bottoming out when the bed height is adjusted