The Invacare Full Electric Hospital Bed is built to benefit both patients and caregivers. With an easy-to-use pendant control that can reposition the upper and lower body of the patient through a motorized positioning system, the Invacare Full Electric Bed allows for both comfort and convenience. The bed frame height can be adjusted easily to allow for efficient use of medical accessories and transfer, if necessary.
Invacare Full Electric Hospital Bed Features:
- Scratch-resistant bed panels are both durable and easy to maintain/clean
- Comes with rubber casters that minimize floor damage and scuffs
- Hand pendant is ergonomically-friendly with water-resistant casing covering the heavy-duty cord for extra safety precautions
- Manual hand crank is included as an alternative to positioning motor
- Motor system comes included with waterproof enclosures for easy cleaning
Invacare Full Electric Hospital Bed Specifications
|Dimensions:||88″L x 15″-23″H x 36″W|
|Sleep Surface:||80″L x 36″W|
|Product Weight Capacity:||450 lb.
Patient Weight Capacity: 350 lb.
|Code Approval:||Regulatory Standard: UL962, CSA Certified|
|Warranty:||Limited Warranty: 5 Year Welds, 2 Year Mechanical/Electrical|
How Hospital Beds Are Changing Today’s Homecare Setting
The expansion and development of hospital beds have come a long way in terms of technological advancement and versatility. In previous years, hospital beds were only utilized within a hospital setting or a long-term care facility.
Any homeowner can have their very own full electric hospital bed in their household, making it easier for them to care for a loved one. Now, before we dive into the depths of the benefits of owning a hospital bed, it’s important that these assistive devices are high in demand, therefore prices have been surging as of late.
If you were to purchase an Invacare full electric hospital bed for your home, expect to spend thousands of dollars from medical equipment manufacturers. However, don’t let these businesses fool you with their sales pitches. My advice to you is to find a hospital bed that matches the need of the individual that plans to use it. If they don’t need the extra features, find something that would better suit them. Also, remember…
Hospital beds not only benefit patients but also the caregiver.
Today’s models are designed to reduce the stress that a caregiver endures when transferring or repositioning the patient. For example, an Invacare electric hospital bed comes with a unique control system that allows the caregiver, or the patient, to adjust the head and end of the bed with the touch of a button. Additionally, when used in conjunction with a pressure relieving mattress, user will minimize the risk of pressure ulcers or sores from occurring on their extremities – which are extremely common in patients that are mobility limited.
The benefits that hospital beds bring
The designs of these high complexity electric beds were built to provide substantial assistance to both the caregiver and the patient. It’s also utilized to protect, support, and limit one’s activities to ensure a safe environment. The reason why these beds are so useful is that they can improve the overall health of users in regards to falls, injuries, and other subsequent caveats that a standard bed imposes. Now, many of these high complexity beds respond to the patient’s movement to provide a series of adjustments that conform to a therapeutic level. It has helped thousands of people that suffer from ailments and debilitating diseases find comfort and stability on their road to recovery.
Hospital beds however, can’t do it all
In order to provide full patient support, the caregiver must maintain a strict schedule of repositioning a patient at certain times. By doing so, it allows for a better distribution of pressure, which certain patients require. Now, this additional dedication that caregivers must provide has a drastic impact on the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers. And, if left untreated, these sores can severely impact one’s health. By practicing risk control and keeping to a dedicated schedule, there will be a substantial reduction of skin conditions developing.
Case and point
Advancements in hospital bed technology are exceeding expectations and are continuing to provide beneficial features to geriatric, bariatric, and all other types of patients. By utilizing one, you are not only obtaining a safe environment for an individual to sleep in, but you’re also taking preventative measures to ensure that he or she does not develop conditions that would occur on a standard bed.
Invacare Economy Foam Mattress
The Invacare Economy Foam Mattress provides the comfort, protection, and stability of superior homecare mattresses. Choose from either an innerspring or foam mattress. Invacare mattress covers will keep your Invacare mattress clean, safe, and free from stains and odors. Covers are designed out of non-allergenic and waterproof vinyl and is available in either contoured or zipper styles.
- Invacare mattresses are latex-free
- Only the highest quality foam is used in each mattress
- 5 lb density foam allows for support, stability and comfort in a one-piece construction
Invacare Innerspring Mattress
Invacare Innerspring Mattress provides durability and comfort all-in-one. Vinyl cover allows for firmness and comfort support for patients that require enhanced care.
- Invacare Innerspring Mattress has 312 coil innerspring which allows for a firm, but comfortable, setting
- Durable 11-ounce vinyl cover is anti-static, antibacterial, acid-resistant, and waterproof for maximum flexibility and ease of use
Invacare Softform Excel Mattress
The Invacare Softform Excel Mattress incorporates a contoured foam layer designed to distribute the patient’s weight evenly, to promote healthy blood flow and help reduce the risk of pressure ulcers or sores from occurring. Patients that spend much of their time in bed are always at risk of developing these ulcers due to the minimal amount of repositioning that they can perform on their own. The base mattress also features a firm foam layer that provides enhanced support for users.
- Cells ensure airflow throughout the foam for consistent temperature
- Fluid-resistant, four-way stretch cover protects the skin from rashes or damage
- Dense, foam layer at the mattress base provides maximum support
- Castinated cell technology allows for maximum body contact for optimal pressure reduction
- Cover is removable and can be easily replaced for inspection
Invacare Softform Premier Mattress
The Invacare Softform Premier Mattress features a unique contoured foam insert designed to provide excellent user comfort and optimize pressure reduction for users up for very high risk. A single piece foam is designed to provide side support and help facilitate transfers.
- High-resiliency foam supports the user’s body and provides substantial comfort and fit
- Welded seams and full flap included on cover hide zipper to maximize durability
- Cover is easily removable to clean and for inspection purposes
- Fluid-resistant, four-way stretch cover protects the skin from abrasion and damage
- Castellated cells maximize body contact to reduce pressure on the user’s body