Invacare Hi-Low Hospital Bed
Invacare has done it again. By reintroducing the convenience and safety of a low bed into their all-new Invacare Full-Electric Low Bed – part of their Homecare Bed Series – patients and caregivers can bring home the intrepid design that has made Invacare into one of the leading medical manufacturers in the country. Their split-spring system and easily transportable design is a must for patients that are at risk for falling out of bed. The Invacare Full-Electric Low Bed comes with ends that are compatible with existing Invacare full-electric bed frame accessories and the drive shaft, simplifying the overall provider management experience by tenfold.
Invacare Hi-Low Hospital Bed Features:
- Rubber casters ensure that scuffs and floor-damaging marks are kept at a minimum
- Panels are both durable and scratch-resistant, with a design that makes them easy to clean
- Hand pendant is ergonomically-friendly and features a strain-free heavy duty cord
- Manual crank for emergencies comes included as an alternative
- Motor system is waterproof, making it extremely easy to clean
Invacare Hi-Low Hospital Bed Specifications
|Dimensions:||88″L x 9.5″-20″H x 36″W|
|Sleep Surface:||80″L x 36″W|
|Product Weight Capacity:||Maximum Patient Weight: 350 lb.|
|Code Approval:||Regulatory Standard: UL962 3rd. ed., CSA Certified|
|Warranty:||Limited Warranty: 5 Year Welds, 2 Year Mechanical/Electrical|
How Hospital Beds Are Decreasing Biomechanical Overload for Caregivers
Assisting patient in a homecare setting requires an emphasis on biomechanical, postural, and ergonomic factors in regards to the use of a hospital bed. Studies have shown that electric hospital beds have played a large role in reducing patient effort, force exertion, and other variables that hinder one’s ability to thrive in their environment.
And, electric beds have been greatly appreciated by both caregivers and nurses.
One of the reasons being is that there is a reduction of effort, on the caregiver’s end, when positioning the patient and performing critical subtasks. The hospital bed is designed to be a highly functional medical device that emphasizes worker’s safety and the patient’s quality of care. It has become a necessity in most nursing care facilities and are the primary working tools when it comes to nurse activities.
It’s function and ergonomic properties greatly influence user health and safety as well as protect them from exposing themselves to biomechanical overload. And, nurses show the greatest injury rates among healthcare workers.
So, the less strain one’s body, the more effective one can be.
For example, an electric high low hospital bed allows caregivers and nurses to raise and lower the height of the bed with the push of a button. It also comes installed with a manual hand crank for emergency situations. Much of the patient care comes at the hand of assisting the patient while he or she is in bed. These tasks include: providing hygiene, positioning, clothing, mobilizing, and more. The caregiver is exposed to a high postural demand like flexing, holding, or bending over when tending to the patient. With an efficient bed setup like the Invacare Hi-Low Hospital Bed Set, one can reduce the risk of biomechanical overload and take the necessary preventative measures to minimize injuries to the spine.
Patient safety coincides with caregiver safety.
Now that we’ve gone over the potential dangers that a nurse or caregiver goes through when tending to a patient, you should have a better understanding of how it will be in a homecare setting. A standard bed can only assist a caregiver so much, and is only beneficial to the patient. An electric bed on the other hand, allows for the caregiver to protect him or herself while tending to the patient, and also help the patient with the unique modalities and functionalities that hospital beds possess. It creates a safe environment and setting, promotes decreased occupational overload during basic care activities, and reduces the amount of time it takes for caregivers to perform their duties.
Hospital beds are showing up in more households than before.
These functional devices were limited to hospital and care facilities before. Now, homeowners can purchase one for a family member or someone else that they are caring for. If you lack experience when it comes to repositioning or providing basic care tasks, a hospital bed can aid you, all while keeping the patient protected. There are numerous medical supply manufacturers that are selling Hi Low beds for home owners just like you. Bring home the benefits of an electric bed and take a look at the various electric and manual beds for sale today to see whether it’s right for your household. Your loved one will appreciate every beneficial aspect that it can bring into his or her life.
Invacare Economy Foam Mattress
The Invacare Economy Foam Mattress provides the comfort, protection, and stability of superior homecare mattresses. Choose from either an innerspring or foam mattress. Invacare mattress covers will keep your Invacare mattress clean, safe, and free from stains and odors. Covers are designed out of non-allergenic and waterproof vinyl and is available in either contoured or zipper styles.
- Invacare mattresses are latex-free
- Only the highest quality foam is used in each mattress
- 5 lb density foam allows for support, stability and comfort in a one-piece construction
Invacare Innerspring Mattress
Invacare Innerspring Mattress provides durability and comfort all-in-one. Vinyl cover allows for firmness and comfort support for patients that require enhanced care.
- Invacare Innerspring Mattress has 312 coil innerspring which allows for a firm, but comfortable, setting
- Durable 11-ounce vinyl cover is anti-static, antibacterial, acid-resistant, and waterproof for maximum flexibility and ease of use
Invacare Softform Excel Mattress
The Invacare Softform Excel Mattress incorporates a contoured foam layer designed to distribute the patient’s weight evenly, to promote healthy blood flow and help reduce the risk of pressure ulcers or sores from occurring. Patients that spend much of their time in bed are always at risk of developing these ulcers due to the minimal amount of repositioning that they can perform on their own. The base mattress also features a firm foam layer that provides enhanced support for users.
- Cells ensure airflow throughout the foam for consistent temperature
- Fluid-resistant, four-way stretch cover protects the skin from rashes or damage
- Dense, foam layer at the mattress base provides maximum support
- Castinated cell technology allows for maximum body contact for optimal pressure reduction
- Cover is removable and can be easily replaced for inspection
Invacare Softform Premier Mattress
The Invacare Softform Premier Mattress features a unique contoured foam insert designed to provide excellent user comfort and optimize pressure reduction for users up for very high risk. A single piece foam is designed to provide side support and help facilitate transfers.
- High-resiliency foam supports the user’s body and provides substantial comfort and fit
- Welded seams and full flap included on cover hide zipper to maximize durability
- Cover is easily removable to clean and for inspection purposes
- Fluid-resistant, four-way stretch cover protects the skin from abrasion and damage
- Castellated cells maximize body contact to reduce pressure on the user’s body