The Invacare Softform Premier Mattress utilizes a unique contoured foam insert designed to provide optimal user comfort as well as pressure reduction for patients that are susceptible to skin damage or pressure ulcers. The single piece of foam provides maximum side support and also aids in transfers.
Invacare Softform Premier Mattress Features:
- High-resiliency foam supports the user’s body and provides substantial comfort and fit
- Welded seams and full flap included on cover hide zipper to maximize durability
- Cover is easily removable to clean and for inspection purposes
- Fluid-resistant, four-way stretch cover protects the skin from abrasion and damage
- Castellated cells maximize body contact to reduce pressure on the user’s body
Invacare Softform Premier Mattress Specifications
|Model||Dimensions:||Weight Capacity||Regulation Compliance||Limited Warranty|
|IPM1080||80″L x 36″W x 6″H||500 lbs||TB 129,
16 CFR 1632
16 CFR 1633
|8 Years Foam
4 Years Cover
Additional Information About Invacare Softform Premier Mattress
- Unique castellated cells break the surface tensions of the foam, allowing the patient to be immersed into the foam, maximizing body contact area and optimizing pressure reduction.
- The Softform Premier mattress features premium HR foam cut into mushroom-shaped cells to allow superior patient immersion and pressure redistribution.
- The Softform Excel mattress features a unique keyhole cut to ensure proper airflow through the foam to maintain a consistent temperature while moving with the patient for improved comfort.
Single-piece U Core:
- The Softform Premier mattress features a single piece foam “U” core which facilitates patient transfer by providing effective side-wall support. Manufacturing the core out of one piece of foam vs. glued sections results in a strong, durable mattress.
- Softform mattress covers feature a concealed zipper, reducing possible risk of fluid ingress (full flap on Softform Premier mattress cover shown).
- Fully removable covers allow for easy replacement, laundering and inspection of foam.
Premium fluid-resistant cover:
- Softform mattress covers are four-way stretch polyurethane and feature a tough coated polyurethane base to extend the longevity of the mattress. The Softform Premier mattress features high frequency welded seams; the Softform Excel Mattress features stitched seams. (Softform Premier mattress cover shown).
Invacare Softform Premier Mattress Video
How Bed Sores are Diagnosed and How One Can Effectively Treat Them
In many cases, the situations that accelerate a bedsore also makes it extremely difficult to treat and contain. Conditions, for example, diabetes, thin skin and lack of mobility make the recovery process very troublesome.
Pressure ulcers, or bed sores, can be treated using a variety of different methods and tactics.
Stage I bedsores will typically vanish if repositioning is fast and steady. Working with your physician can help accelerate this process and keep you on the right path to recovering.
Stage II bed sores, typically when a wound is present, requires a multi-disciplinary approach that involves the doctor, the medical caretakers, the assistants and possibly even a physical therapist if worse comes to worse. There are times where social workers can help aid with the personal care services that are recommended by the physician.
An in-depth investigation into how the wound occurred will decide what treatment is necessary. A change of a bed design, mattress, skin care and additional apparel might be a viable option. Furthermore, there are support surfaces that are essential for safe skin care, for example, sheepskin or waffle foam can offer assistance – the Invacare Softform Premier Mattress has been recommended by many healthcare professionals for preventative and recovery measures. Low air pressure beds utilize inflatable cushions for support; air-fluidized beds suspend the patient on an air-porous mattress that contains a numerous silicon-covered dabs.
There are numerous ways that you can help with the recovery process.
Maintaining a balanced and nutritious diet never hurts.
Red, orange and green vegetables are particularly rich in the required supplements, and healthful supplements of Vitamin C and zinc can likewise be useful in skin care.
Open wounds may be treated with a saline (saltwater) arrangement every time the dressing is changed. Debridement is the evacuation of harmed tissue. Surgical debridement is frequently prescribed to evacuate dead, harmed, or contaminated tissue. Nonsurgical medications incorporate a pressurized water system, hydrotherapy in a whirlpool shower, utilizing the body’s own particular compounds, or applying topical debriding catalysts. This is all used in conjunction with the appropriate mattress, such as the Invacare Softform Mattress, which is intended to help with patient recovery.
The right type of wound dressings can accelerate the recuperating process and secure the injury. It is essential to continue keeping the skin dry and the wound moist. Semi-porous dressings can hold dampness and promote new skin to develop. Contaminated injuries might be treated with topical anti-infection agents. Once more, it is vital to ensure that the patient goes through as little pain as possible as he or she fights the sore. Purchase a pressure-relieving mattress such as the Invacare Softform Premiere Mattress to aid in the recovery process.
Indeed, even with the best medicinal care, bedsores may require surgery. Certain tissue might be taken from one a section in the body to use in recreating the damaged region. Recuperation is long and exhausting with complications that can occur.