Joerns Ultracare XT Bed
The UltraCare XT provides comfort, stability, andperformance all in one with its powerful frame and unique functions. With itsability to adapt to a variety of care settings, the UltraCare XT can betransformed to meet the configurations of any room style. Available withfeatures such as SafeLight, UltraLock, and UltraWide, there are numerous waysthat you can customize you UltraCare XT.
- Toroidalarchitecture engineering allows for a frame that is 30 times stronger thanangle iron.
- AdvanceCarepositioning system is offered as a standard feature with integrated pendantmodality on both sides of the mattress support platform.
- Optionalstaff control includes: advanced clinical control, safety lockout, andergonomic functionality.
- Extendablemattress support platform allows the user to experience a variety oftherapeutic positions, while keeping skin safe from damage.
- Bed paneloptions are available in numerous finishes.
- UltraLockavailable at foot of the bed, head of the bed, or both to ensure maximumsecurity and mobility.
- FREE Mattress
- FREE Pendant Holder
- FREE UltraLock Upgrade
- FREE Bed Sheet Set (Flat Sheet, Fitted Sheet, Pillow Case)
It’s a perfect bed for
The UltraCare XT has been created to look as greatas it functions with features that offer residents thecomforts of home. The UltraCare XT’s UltraWideextension kit expands beyond a twin width and providessafer repositioning. For even more resident comfort, thePrevaMatt Elite surface is soft, yet highly resilient,gently cradling the resident’s head and torso.Strategically-located mattress cuts promote easierflexing when the bed frame is contoured and keeps theresident in place to reduce the need for repositioning.
It’s a superior bed for
SKILLED NURSING FACILITIES
When gerontologist consultants guide design, theresult is the best geriatric bed in the industry. Enhancedcontrols include features such as an intuitive pendantthat is ergonomically functional with lighted buttons thatenhance usability day or night. Add an assist handle withtwo positions for convenient use and perfect grip heightto support resident transfer in and out of bed. We evenpartnered with Tempur-Pedic to offer mattresses thatdeliver enhanced pressure redistribution and comfort.When put all together, the end result is a versatile bedthat meets your care challenges with safety in mind.
You Wanted Functional Speed
and We Responded
QuickCare is standard, providing fast hi-lo adjustment.
Our QuickCare hi-lo speed raises and lowers the bed in less than 30 seconds. This increases bed operation efficiency under typical load applications and faster adjustments enable caretakers to deliver more enhanced resident care.
It’s a flexible bed for
Flexibility is another design element where no other bed compares. The UltraCare XT can extend to a wider surface area, efficiently adding up to 7″ to the sleep surface so you can more effectively manage your bariatric population. Also, with a safe working load of 500 lbs and a possible mattress width of 39″ or 42″, your Joerns bed offers more room for comfort and safer repositioning. AdvanceCare provides gravity-assist repositioning and comfort chair positioning, offering flexible care solutions while making repositioning safer and more comfortable for your residents and for your care providers.
It’s an ideal bed for
The UltraCare XT is in a class of its own. The UltraLock option is designed for mobility and security at any height, promoting easier bed movement and safety. The foursection sleep surface has a full-range of comfort with therapeutic positions that improve circulation. QuickCare hi-lo speed promotes more efficient care while repositioning is made safer and more comfortable when using the 39″ or 42″ UltraWide extension kit. The trapeze can be added for rehabilitation needs and adjusts to accommodate most residents’ reach, with three working positions for greater flexibility.
Unique Features to Help Reduce
77% of resident falls occur within the first 48 hours of admission. The SafeLight accessory provides soft floor lighting for residents to egress the bed during overnight hours
The ergonomically mounted Deluxe Assist Handles provide a secure hand hold to support residents in maximizing their safety and comfort during bed transfers.
|Bed Length||80″ or 76″|
|Bed Width||35″, 39″ or 42″ with UltraWide Kit|
|Bed Weight||220 lbs|
|Bed Weight Capacity||500 lbs|
|Operating Capacity||500 lbs|
|Sleep Surface Travel Range||7″ to 30″|
|Max. Back Angle||65 degrees to horizontal|
|Max. Knee Angle||35 degrees to horizontal|
|Max. Knee to Leg Angle||45 degrees|
CAN/CSA C22.2 NO. 601.1
CAN/CSA C22.2 NO. 601.2.38
- Toroidal architecture engineering of the bed’s steel frame is up to 30 times stronger than angle iron
- Therapeutic grid surface offers improved air flowand ultimate support for the sleep surface
- Integrated pendant connections on bothsides of mattress support platform
- Four-section mattress support platform offers full range ofcomfort and therapeutic positions, which may reduce skin shear
- Attractive bed panel options available in a wide arrayof designs and finishes
- Staff control allows caregivers flexibility to select whichfeatures may be adjustable by the resident
- EasyLift Leg Lift provides quick positioning for improved circulation
- Revolutionary arched legs deliver a super-strong, wide stancefor equipment clearance
- Four DC motors supply amazingly quietand smooth operation
- 7-inch to 30-inch travel range offers safety, whether resting atan ultra low height or providing care at the higher end
- Assist devices have superior functionality andperfect grip height
- Sculpted button on assist device for easy,“press and go” operation
- UltraLock is available at the foot end or both the head and footto maximize security or mobility at any height (option)
- AdvanceCare features gravity-assist for easier and saferrepositioning. Utilize Comfort Chair functionality for comfort,relaxation, improved circulation, and more ergonomic care bybringing the resident closer to the caregiver.
A Useful Buying Guide for Electric and Adjustable Beds for the Household Setting
As you may have already heard, hospital beds are making their way out of the hospital and care facility setting and into households. This allows your loved one to experience the full benefits of an electric or adjustable bed without having to pay outstanding medical costs to stay in a facility.
So, if you are looking into a hospital bed for a family member, ask yourself: what type of bed fits his or her lifestyle in the most beneficial way possible?
Anyone that has had experience searching for and purchasing hospital beds knows that there are a considerable amount of customizable bed frames out there that you can choose from. Finding the best electric bed for you can be an difficult procedure, however this article will help you figure out the essentials and major factors that will influence your purchase to suit your loved one’s personal preference. After taking a look at some of the offers, you’ll start to make sense of the contrasts between different brands, and begin seeing which are the most noteworthy quality or which will work with best for your specific circumstance.
So let’s begin!
One of the important questions that you need to ask yourself or your bed manufacturer is how heavy and durable is the base? A portion of the better electric beds available, such as the Joerns Ultracare XT Bed, may be produced using better and heavier materials, however in the event that you move a considerable amount, a heavy bed may be hard to manage.
What works for you? How loud is the motor? Nowadays, the motors that are available are calmer and quieter than before, but still provide the necessary amount of power to support the bed itself. Try and look out for sealed casings, which tend to make the motor even quieter and will also minimize the need for lubrication or routine maintenance. Can the frame be utilized with your current headboard and casing? Then again is it sufficiently appealing by itself? This aspect is more of a customizable and preferential decision. While it may have a beneficial effect in regards of patient positioning, much of it is aesthetic.
The foam of the bed is just as important as its’ function. You should also search for a solid warranty that covers most, if not all, of the bed’s parts, rather than blanket lifetime warranties. This will end up saving you a significant amount of money in the long run.
But what about the mattress?
While your priority may lie in finding the most capable bed frame, give careful consideration to the mattress quality as well. Having the capacity to raise the feet or shoulder situating can enormously enhance one’s sleep, yet it’s only as effective as the mattress itself. Most importantly is where the mattress is made. Shockingly, most adaptable foam sold in the US is made in China, which has a tendency to break down after years of usage and isn’t quite sanitary. When you get a top notch flexible foam mattress to pair with your adjustable or electric bed, you will essentially get the best of both worlds – foam that curves to the formation of your spine, with a frame that can change in accordance with the requirements of your neck and muscles. Lastly, the mattress determines the overall comfort of the patient, so don’t skip out on finding a quality model.
Lumex Standard Care Foam Mattress
- Provides an excellent value for budget-conscious facilities
- Four separate geometric support zones enhance patient comfort while reducing tissue interface pressures
- Effective for the prevention and treatment of stage I pressure ulcers
- Breathable top cover moves with the patient to reduce shearing
- Soft and durable Chemlux II top covers are bacteria resistant, flame retardant, fluid resistant, anti-fungal, anti-static, non-allergenic, have near 0% vapor transmission, and are easy to clean
- Soft and durable Chemsafe bottom covers are bacteria resistant, flame retardant, fluid resistant, anti-static, non-allergenic, stain resistant, and easy to clean
- 300 lb maximum weight capacity
- Two year limited warranty
- Latex Free
Lumex Visco-Elastic Memory Foam Mattress
- Mattress designed to provide optimal pressure management with long term comfort and support
- Visco-elastic memory foam top layer is combined with specially chosen compatible foam base
- Zippered cover
- Top fabric is fluid-resistant, polyurethane coated 4-way stretch material with antimicrobial properties for the benefit of infection control
- Stretchable fabric and visco-foam reduce interface pressure and provide pressure redistribution
- Weight capacity: 350 lbs
- Warranty: 5 years
- Latex Free
Lumex Gold Care Foam Mattress
- Four separate anatomically matched support zones enhance patient comfort while reducing tissue interface pressures and providing pressure redistribution
- Zippered, breathable top cover moves with the patient to reduce shearing
- Soft and durable nylon top covers are bacteria resistant, flame retardant, fluid resistant, anti-fungal, anti-static, non-allergenic, have near 0% vapor transmission, and are easy to clean
- Soft and durable vinyl bottom covers are bacteria resistant, flame retardant, fluid resistant, anti-static, non-allergenic, stain resistanting, and easy to clean
- 400 lb maximum weight capacity
- Five year limited warranty
- Latex Free
Lumex C400 Comfort Series Mattress
- Medium acuity mattress for patients with low grade ulcers
- Convoluted 5-zone “Wave” foam top surface for increased airflow and comfort
- Tri-Laminate construction with soft heel-zone
- 4 year warranty- 1 year on cover
- Maximum Weight Capacity 350 lb – EVENLY DISTRIBUTED
Lumex Select Convertible Dual Foam/Air Mattress
- The LUMEX Select Convertible Mattress provides outstanding pressure displacement and redistribution to assist in the prevention and treatment of stage I through IV pressure ulcers.
- Closed System (Static Air) can quickly convert to an Alternating Pressure Mattress
- Eight non-circular cylinders prevent “rolling” or “gapping”* and are fully enclosed in a fiber mesh sleeve and jacket
- Air control unit is simple, quiet and set at the optimum 10 minute cycle to eliminate guesswork for the caregiver
- 2.5″ Hybrid Visco-elastic top layer does not raise body heat as with standard visco-elastic foam
- Stretch cover is fluid resistant, air-permeable (breathable) and reduces friction and patient shear